For Milestone Three, you will prepare a draft of Section II: Wellness Recommendations. Throughout this course, you have been working closely with a client profile narrative. You began this journey in Module One by reviewing a short list of client descriptions from which you made a selection (Milestone One). In Module Three, you submitted a draft of your client analysis (Milestone Two). For Milestone Three, you will submit a draft of your wellness recommendations (Section II of the final project). This milestone is submitted in Module Five.
Submit your draft of Section II: Wellness Recommendations and Plan of Action Template. Since you have monitored your client, learned of his or her traditional course of treatment of chronic conditions, and become familiar with his or her emotional, social, and overall wellness conditions, you will now communicate your recommendations and options to your client to help him or her make informed decisions.
Begin by viewing the provided Plan of Action Template, which you will fill out and submit as part of this milestone submission. Complete the adaptive table as appropriate for your client and the wellness recommendations you have brainstormed for him or her. Keep in mind that the content in the Plan of Action template does not have to be written in full sentences and can be presented in the form of bulleted lists. Once you have filled out the Plan of Action template, use it to inform the written narrative of your wellness recommendations plan. Base your wellness recommendations for the client on your previous analysis of his or her health status. Be sure to consider how to help the individual improve quality of life and help manage his or her chronic disease. The audience for this section is not necessarily your client, but it should be written professionally with citations where appropriate to support the best practices and theories used to make your recommendations.
Specifically, the following critical elements must be addressed:
Wellness Recommendations: In this part of the summative assessment, you will base wellness recommendations for the client on your previous analysis of his or her health status. Be sure to consider how to help the individual improve quality of life and help manage his or her chronic disease. The audience for this section is not necessarily your client, but should be written professionally with citations where appropriate to support the best practices and theories used to make your recommendations.
Describe the traditional medical approach that was initially recommended for the client and explain why that approach has been ineffective in managing the client’s chronic disease. What factors may have contributed to the ineffectiveness of this approach?
Determine if a complementary alternative medicine (CAM) approach could be implemented in order to more effectively manage the client’s chronic disease and improve their quality of life. Be sure to explain why this would or would not be recommended. What would be the benefits or drawbacks of applying a CAM approach to this specific chronic disease? Consider the many different CAM approaches that may apply to the situation.
Determine if lifestyle modifications could be implemented in order to more effectively manage the client’s chronic disease and improve his or her quality of life. Be sure to explain why this would or would not be recommended. What are some changes, both small and large, that the individual could make to improve his or her chronic disease?
Recommend wellness strategies informed by best practices for addressing wellness issues of the chosen individual. Be sure to incorporate CAM approaches and lifestyle modifications if appropriate, and cite your sources. What accepted wellness strategies could you recommend for your individual? How would you adapt the wellness strategies to better fit the needs of your individual?
Use the provided template to develop a plan of action for your specific individual to implement these strategies and achieve optimal health, justifying response. Be sure to consider both how the individual needs to manage his or her chronic disease and how he or she can best address wellness issues.
Explain how your recommendations will not only help the individual manage his or her chronic disease, and improve quality of life in the present, but also in the future. Be sure to justify your response with research.
Expert Solution Preview
Section II: Wellness Recommendations
1. Traditional Medical Approach:
The traditional medical approach initially recommended for the client was [describe the traditional medical approach]. However, this approach has been ineffective in managing the client’s chronic disease for the following reasons:
– Inadequate symptom control: The traditional medical approach may have focused primarily on managing the immediate symptoms of the chronic disease, rather than addressing the root cause or underlying factors contributing to the disease. As a result, the client’s symptoms may not have been effectively controlled, leading to persistent discomfort and reduced quality of life.
– Side effects: Certain medications or treatments associated with the traditional medical approach may have caused significant side effects for the client. These side effects could have further compromised the individual’s overall well-being and impacted their adherence to the recommended treatment plan.
– Limited focus on holistic wellness: The traditional medical approach may prioritize disease management over the promotion of overall wellness. This narrow focus might not address the client’s emotional, social, and other aspects of wellness that are crucial for managing chronic diseases effectively.
2. Complementary Alternative Medicine (CAM) Approach:
Implementing a CAM approach could potentially offer a more effective way to manage the client’s chronic disease and improve their quality of life. However, it is essential to carefully consider and evaluate the benefits and drawbacks of applying a CAM approach in this specific case. Some factors to consider include:
– Compatibility with traditional treatment: It is important to assess whether the CAM approach can work alongside the client’s current traditional medical treatment without causing any adverse interactions or hindering the effectiveness of either approach.
– Evidence-based research: The selection of a CAM approach should be supported by sufficient scientific evidence demonstrating its efficacy in managing the specific chronic disease being addressed. Without substantial evidence, it may be risky or ineffective to rely solely on CAM therapies.
– Individual preferences and beliefs: Considering the client’s personal preferences, beliefs, and willingness to explore CAM approaches is crucial. It is essential to engage in open communication with the client to determine their comfort level and willingness to try complementary therapies.
3. Lifestyle Modifications:
Implementing lifestyle modifications can significantly contribute to more effectively managing the client’s chronic disease and enhancing their quality of life. It is important to assess whether lifestyle changes would be recommended based on the client’s specific circumstances. Some potential changes to consider include:
– Diet and nutrition: Collaborating with a registered dietitian or nutritionist to develop a personalized dietary plan that focuses on nutrient-rich foods while avoiding triggers or aggravating factors related to the chronic disease.
– Physical activity: Encouraging the client to engage in appropriate physical activity can have numerous benefits, such as improving cardiovascular health, enhancing mood, and supporting weight management. However, the specific type and intensity of exercise should be tailored to the client’s physical capabilities and medical condition.
– Stress management techniques: Introducing stress-relieving techniques like mindfulness, meditation, or relaxation exercises can help the client better cope with the emotional and physical burden associated with their chronic disease.
4. Wellness Strategies:
Based on best practices, the following wellness strategies are recommended for the individual:
– Incorporation of CAM approaches: If appropriate and supported by evidence, integrating CAM approaches such as acupuncture, herbal supplements, or mind-body therapies may offer additional benefits in managing the client’s chronic disease.
– Education and self-management: Providing the client with appropriate education and resources to understand their chronic disease, its progression, and self-management techniques can empower them to take an active role in managing their health.
– Peer support or support groups: Encouraging the client to participate in peer support or disease-specific support groups can provide emotional support, information sharing, and coping strategies.
– Regular monitoring and follow-up: Establishing a regular schedule for monitoring the client’s progress and adjusting interventions as necessary can ensure that their wellness plan remains effective over time.
5. Plan of Action:
To implement these strategies and achieve optimal health, the following plan of action is recommended for the client:
– Clearly define and prioritize specific wellness goals in collaboration with the client, considering their preferences and disease management needs.
– Develop a personalized schedule outlining when and how each wellness strategy will be incorporated into the client’s daily routine.
– Establish a method for tracking progress, such as a wellness journal or mobile application, to monitor the efficacy of each strategy and identify areas for improvement.
– Collaborate with other healthcare professionals involved in the client’s care to ensure a comprehensive and coordinated approach.
6. Future Benefits of Recommendations:
The recommendations provided aim to not only help the individual manage their chronic disease and improve quality of life in the present but also have a positive impact on their future. Research suggests that implementing comprehensive wellness strategies can lead to several long-term benefits, including:
– Reduced disease progression: By addressing lifestyle factors and incorporating complementary approaches, the individual may experience a slower progression of their chronic disease, leading to fewer complications and improved long-term outcomes.
– Enhanced overall well-being: By focusing on holistic wellness, the individual can experience improvements in their emotional, social, and physical health, leading to an overall better quality of life.
– Empowerment and self-efficacy: Engaging the individual in their own healthcare and empowering them to make informed decisions can enhance self-efficacy and promote long-term adherence to wellness strategies.
– Prevention of additional health issues: By addressing lifestyle factors and promoting wellness, the individual may decrease their risk of developing other health conditions often associated with their chronic disease.
In conclusion, by considering a comprehensive approach that includes complementary alternative medicine, lifestyle modifications, and evidence-based wellness strategies, the recommendations aim to improve the client’s overall well-being, enhance quality of life, and better manage their chronic disease.
#CHE #SNHU #Chronic #Disease #Management #Life #Enhancement #Essay