Week 5 Project
This course has a major project assignment that will be due in Week 5. It will take more than a week’s effort to adequately complete it. Plan time to start the research and other work for the assignments earlier than the week in which it is due.
This week, your course project is due for final submission. The deliverables for Week 5 are:
- The project control plan
- The project closeout plan
The project control plan:
- Propose the reports and control mechanisms that the project manager and the team will use to track the project. The plan should include the details of performance measurement that defines which variables will be measured, how they will be measured, and when they will be measured. The measurable objectives should be identified as milestones on the Gantt chart. You may use Microsoft Project to develop a baseline for your project plan.
- Project evaluation and reporting will also explain how a project manager will communicate performance evaluation results to management and to the customer. This will include the results of performing the cost and schedule variance analyses and a risk analysis, formulating cost or schedule or performance alternatives, forecasting budget and schedule completion, employing the methods of taking corrective actions, and managing expectations.
The project closeout plan:
- The plan should propose the method of determining when the project has met its objectives and the method of determining when the project will be terminated. In the closeout plan, discuss the closing of the project, reassigning personnel, and delivering materials purchased under the contract.
- Include a summary of lessons learned in developing the project management plan along with recommendations and follow-up work, as needed.
- Submit your 8-10 page paper in a Microsoft Word document, using APA style.
- Name your documents SU_PMC6601_W5_LastName_FirstInitial.doc
- Submit your document to the Submissions Area by the due date assigned.