Q1.”Managing Projects and Requirements Gathering” Please respond to the following:
- According to Roberts, the industry deems only 25% of technology projects successful. Analyze why this statistic is so low. Suggest strategies that an IT department could use in order to increase the success rate of projects. Give your opinion on whether the structure of the PMO contributes to this statistic. Justify your response.
- Imagine that you are a senior business analyst with a multinational corporation. Examine the process of requirements gathering discussed in Chapter 9 of the Roberts text. Suggest your strategy for gathering requirements from across divisional lines. Determine at least two (2) obstacles that you may encounter, and propose one (1) method for overcoming each. Provide a rationale for your response.
Q2. “Methodology Mind-Set and Management Processes” Please respond to the following:
- According to Kerzner, “The importance of a good methodology cannot be understated.” In your own words, examine the significance of this statement as it relates to integrative information technology solutions within an organization. Provide one (1) example of an integrative information technology solution to justify your response.
- As a Chief Information Officer (CIO) for a large organization, compare and contrast three (3) of the five (5) main management processes described in Chapter 5 of Kerzner’s text. Suggest one (1) strategy to apply the business value of each selected management process to your current or future organization.
Q3. Vendor Relationships and Marketing IT’s Value ” Please respond to the following:
- Many organizations use information technology vendors to develop company solutions. Determine at least three (3) challenges associated with using vendors. Analyze the relationship between competitive advantage and vendor relationship management overall.
- Specify at least three (3) approaches for marketing IT’s value. Propose (1) method for implementing each approach within an organization. Provide one (1) example of each approach to support your answer.