Final Draft Checklist Checklist
Improving Idea Development
- Is there a clear and persuasive claim that answers the argument question?
- Is the main point of each paragraph clear?
- Is each point adequately explained and supported with researched details?
- Is each paragraph developed with a mix of direct quotations and paraphrases?
- Is there a clear and purposeful organizational pattern?
- Does each paragraph connect logically to the previous one?
- Do connecting thoughts and transitions connect ideas within and between paragraphs?
Refining Word Choice
- Are the words clear and precise?
- Is the tone consistent and persuasive?
- Are rhetorical devices used to make the argument more effective?
Improving Sentence Variety
- Are the sentences clear and direct?
- Are the sentences varied in length?
- Are sentence beginnings varied?
- Are parenthetical citations used correctly?
- Are signaling phrases and parenthetical citations used to recognize sources?
- Is the Works Cited page in MLA format?
- Is there a Works Cited entry for each source consulted?