Discussion Question 4 – CLO 1, CLO 2, CLO 3, CLO 4, CLO 5
Please answer each of the following questions in detail and provide in-text citations in support of your argument. Include examples whenever applicable. Make sure to provide examples for each of the questions below.
- Describe and explain the significance of each of the following: payback period, internal rate of return (IRR), modified internal rate of return (MIRR), net present value (NPV), and profitability index (PI). Explain. Provide examples for better clarity.
- Discuss the notions of conventional and nonconventional cash flows in capital budgeting. Which investment evaluation criteria would you use for unconventional cash flows and why? Provide a fictitious unconventional cash flow example and apply the payback period, NPV, IRR, MIRR, and PI methods to your example. Interpret the results.
Provide your explanations and definitions in detail and be precise. Comment on your findings. Provide references for content when necessary. Provide your work in detail and explain in your own words. Support your statements with peer-reviewed in-text citation(s) and reference(s).
1. Define the words in your own words. Do not directly quote from the textbook.
2. Need to write at least 2 paragraphs
3. Need to include the information from the textbook as the reference.
4. Need to include at least 2 peer-reviewed articles as the reference.
5. Need to provide examples whenever applicable.
6. Please find the related PowerPoint and textbook in the attachment.
7. Please answer each of the following questions in detail and provide in-text citations in support of your argument. Include examples whenever applicable.
8. Please find the Course Learning Outcome list of this course in the attachment
Ross, S. A., Westerfield, R. W., & Jordan, R. D. (2018). Fundamentals of corporate finance (12th ed.). McGraw-Hill