All questions are worth 20 points:
- Identify and describe two or three traditional crimes in which computers are now used as an instrument. How has the nature of these crimes changed as a result of technology?
- What is anonymity on the Internet? What are the pros and cons of anonymity?
- Find a spam or phishing e-mail in your e-mail account. Analyze the condensed and full e-mail header fields. What did you observe? Which header fields were included in the chosen e-mail that were not covered in this week? What forensic value do they hold, if any?
- What is the difference between stand-alone and networked computers? What are the different types of computer networks?
- Mobile devices have been the targets of crimes, have been used to commit crimes, and have held evidence of crimes. Conduct an online search for a case (not described this week) where a mobile device (PDA, mobile phone, or smart phone) was involved in a criminal or civil investigation. What were the facts of the case? What was the role of the device in the investigation?