After the staff meeting at St. Augustine’s hospital, over 10 employees volunteered to work with you in the Healthcare IT Department. You have a team to help you set up the electronic health record (EHR) for the hospital.
In a plan to your team members, address the following:
- Discuss the strengths or benefits of team collaboration.
- Explain the barriers to team collaboration.
- Describe the role that team collaboration plays in the development, selection, and modification health care information systems.
- Illustrate the importance of the combined use of computer technology in health care practice management.
- Discuss the importance of using computer applications in practice management.
- Examine and discuss the areas of care delivery and how IT is used.
- Explain the problems associated with the combined usage of IT in health care service delivery.
- Describe the role of health care information management in facilitating the exchange of information and processes across organizations and multiple stakeholders.
- Discuss the overall responsibilities of HIT management.
- Explain the benefits of sharing health care information across organizations and multiple stakeholders.
- Describe the managerial practices adopted to facilitate the safety and security of information among stakeholders